1 Support mechanisms for participation of Russian
organisations in the Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises
in Science and Technology.
Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and
Technology is a state non-commercial organisation in a form of Federal state
budget establishment, main tasks of which are the following ones:
- public policies to develop and support small enterprises in scientific and
- providing direct financial, informational and other assistance to small
innovative enterprises implementing development projects and the development of
new types of high-tech products and technologies based on these enterprises
owned intellectual property;
- establishment and development of infrastructure to support small business
- facilitating the creation of new jobs for the efficient use of existing in the
Russian Federation scientific and technological capacity;
- extra-budgetary investment in small innovative business;
The Fund's activities on support of joint projects with foreign partners and
investors is being implemented within the framework of the program
"Internationalization". The purpose of the program is to provide direct
financial support to small innovative enterprises implementing development
projects and the development of new types of high-tech.
Financial support is provided for research and development.
The maximum amount of funding a project under the program shall not exceed 15
million. rubles, project duration: 18-24 months. When the projects
implementation small innovative enterprises involve extra-budgetary funds.
Foreign partners of the project are also attracting co-financing. The Russian
part of the project is carried out by the Fund, foreign part at the expense of
foreign funds. At the same time the projects should be balanced.
1.1 On February 2, 2017, the Innovation Assistance Foundation announced the
"International Programs" contest, which is aimed at supporting Russian
organizations participating in the implementation of innovative projects within
the framework of bilateral and multilateral international cooperation programs,
confirmed by agreements and memorandums signed by the Foundation.
The competition is aimed at supporting enterprises that carry out long-term
developments and have foreign partners, through interaction in which it is
possible to increase the competitiveness of their products and commercialize the
results of scientific and technical activities by gaining access to advanced
technologies and expertise, as well as the opportunity to withdraw their (and
also jointly Developed) products to foreign markets:
Sub-program 5 "Multilateral Competition in the framework of the European Program
IRA-SME, partners in the international consortium - Austria, Germany, Belgium,
Czech Republic, France (Region O-de-France);
Applications are accepted from 18:00 (Moscow time) on February 02, 2017 until
18:00 (Moscow time) on April 10, 2017.
The term for consideration can not exceed 120 calendar days from the deadline
for the receipt of applications.
Grants are granted to small innovative enterprises in the amount of no more than
15 million rubles provided that co-financing from own and (or) attracted funds
of third parties in the amount of not less than 50% of the grant amount. The R &
D period is 18 or 24 months.
1.2 FASIE from Russia and CDTI from Spain are
announcing the 2nd Call for Proposals for joint R&D projects
FASIE from Russia and CDTI from Spain are announcing the 2nd Call for Proposals
for joint R&D projects, focusing on developing innovative products and
applications in all technological and market areas. Applicants are expected to
develop ready to market solutions or projects which have strong market potential
for Russia and Spain.
This call invites projects in ALL thematic areas
The partners should include at least one Russian small company and one Spanish
R&D performing commercial companies. Participation of research
institutes/universities is welcome as subcontractors according to each country’s
funding regulations.• The Russian and Spanish partners must express their will
to cooperate, on an equal basis, to the development of a new product, industrial
process or service and the project must be equally significant to both
participants. The product, process or service must be innovative and there must
be a technological risk involved.
The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the
technological cooperation between the participants from the two countries (e.g.
increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
The project will have a maximum duration of 24 months.
No single country or participant can have a budget contribution above 70% of the
Partners will be asked to present their project outline in English via a Project
Application Form. The completed electronic form must be submitted to the
official relevant contact person in FASIE and in CDTI in different deadlines.
The DEADLINE for submitting proposals at CDTI is 2nd June 2017, at 15:00 (local
The DEADLINE for submitting proposals at FASIE will be 13th June 2017.
In Russia, the participants will have to submit additionally a formal national
application to FASIE’s contact person.
2 Support mechanisms for international cooperation in
programs and projects of Russian Foundation for Basic Research
Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) was created by decree #426 of the
President of the Russian Federation “On urgent measures for preserving
scientific and technological potential of the Russian Federation” and is a
self-governed state nonprofit organisation in the form of a federal organisation
controlled by the Government of the Russian Federation. Being a representative
of the state, the Foundation provides targeted diversified support to leading
groups of scientists regardless of the organisation they represent. Support of
initiative scientific research in all the principal directions of fundamental
science is carried out strictly on a competition basis after a comprehensive
Decisions on whether to support or to decline projects by RFBR are taken by the
scientific community itself represented by the most authoritative and actively
working scientists – members of the Foundation expert panels. This is a
completely new organisational form for Russian science, which has opened to
scientists broader possibilities for creative self-expression and allowed them
to choose the subjects of research on their own, create research groups and
concentrate funds in the most promising research directions.
2.1 Call of initiative projects of fundamental scientific research carried out jointly by the Russian Foundation for basic research and the Austrian Science Fund (ANF)
The objective of the Call is development of international cooperation in the field of fundamental scientific research, financial support of initiative scientific research projects carried out jointly by scientists from Russia and Austria. Title or content of the Project should not coincide with the name and content of planned activities financed from Federal budget or other sources that are performed in organizations, which are members of the team that submitted the Project to the Call.
Application deadline: 01.02.2017
2.2 Call of initiative projects of fundamental scientific research conducted jointly by the RFBR and the German research community.
The objective of the Call is development of international cooperation in the field of fundamental scientific research, financial support of initiative scientific research projects carried out jointly by scientists from Russia and Germany.
Application deadline: 11.01.2017
2.3 Call of initiative scientific projects conducted by the RFBR and the National centre for scientific research of France (CNRS) Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) in the framework of International associated laboratories and International research associations.
The objective of the Call is development of international cooperation in the field of fundamental scientific research, financial support for the initiative projects of fundamental research carried out jointly by Russian and French scientists in the framework of International associated laboratories and International research associations.
Application deadline: 01.03.2017
All the projects planned for implementation in the result of consideration of tenders shall be made in the following areas of knowledge:
The project should include a workshop on topics related to the following areas of knowledge:
- mathematics, mechanics and Informatics;
- physics and astronomy;
- chemistry and materials science;
- biology and medical science;
- Earth science;
- infocommunication technologies and computing systems;
- fundamentals of engineering Sciences.
3 Support mechanisms for international cooperation in the frameworks of Russian Science Foundation
Russian Science Foundation (hereinafter the Foundation) is established in order
to provide financial and organizational support for basic research, research
training, development of research teams that occupy leading positions in
particular fields of science.
Main objectives of the Foundation:
- the competitive selection of scientific, technical programs and projects in
areas of fundamental and exploratory research teams, individual scientific and
-development of scientific organisations and educational organisations of a
- creating laboratories and departments of international level in scientific
and educational organisations of higher professional education;
- development of experiment base for conducting scientific studies [http://www.ðíô.ðô/].
RSF’s grants are allocated for the implementation of basic research and
exploratory research in the years 2015- 2017 in various branches of knowledge,
defined depending on the competition.
The competition is open to research projects teams, regardless of the position
held by the project manager, his scientific degree and citizenship,
organizational-legal form and ownership of organizations with which the project
manager and members of the research team are in labor or civil relations.
Research team are awarded with a grant on a free and irrevocable basis of the
results of the competition under the conditions laid by RSF through Russian
scientific organizations, Russian educational institutions of higher education,
affiliates, in the territory of the Russian Federation. Grant amount is 5-8 mln.
rubles annually. RSF approved a separate event for the organization of
coordinated calls with international funds, as well as projects developed
standard tender documentation for foreign funds, providing matched funding for
The direction of the projects will be located in the "zone of intersection of
interests." One of the types of activities (projects) for international
cooperation are measures to ensure the presentation of the results of studies on
the status of international conferences on the territory of the Russian
Federation, especially those who are on rotation in different countries.
3.1 "Fundamental research and exploratory research by international scientific groups" (jointly with the German research community Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft)
Project funding is granted for basic research and exploratory research in 2016-2018 in the following branches of knowledge:
RSF grants provided to the Russian scientific team on a gratuitous and irrevocable basis by results of competition on the conditions provided by the Fund through the Russian scientific organizations, Russian educational establishments of higher education situated in the territory of the Russian Federation of the international (interstate and intergovernmental) scientific organization on the basis of which will run the projects (hereinafter the organization). Grant of the German research community is directed to foreign research team carrying out fundamental scientific research and exploratory research on the conditions stipulated in the conditions of the German research community. The amount of a grant RSF is 4 to 6 million rubles annually. A necessary condition for the grant of the RSF is to obtain foreign research team grant of the German research community for the project.
3.2 Carrying out of fundamental scientific researches and exploratory scientific research on priority thematic areas of research"
Grants under this competition are allocated for the implementation of fundamental scientific researches and exploratory scientific researches in 2016 2018 with further possible extension of the project completion period by one or two years in the following branches of knowledge:
- mathematics, computer science and the science of systems;
- physics and space science;
- chemistry and materials science;
- biology and life Sciences;
- fundamental research for medicine;
- agricultural science;
- Earth science;
- Humanities and social Sciences;
- engineering science.
20 projects has been selected for funding in the direction of non-nuclear energy, including:
- "Development of scientific bases and creation of new highly proton-conductive membranes and electrode materials for electrochemical applications in hydrogen and renewable energy" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of high temperature electrochemistry of the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "Development of new thermoelectric materials based on clathrates and klastrophobic substances" (Federal state budgetary educational institution of higher professional education "Bryansk state University named after academician I. G. Petrovskogo");
"Nanohybrids of metal-carbon for lithium-ion batteries and generation of hydrogen" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of inorganic chemistry. A. V. Nikolaev the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- "Development of new membrane materials with proton conductivity and highly efficient electrocatalyst for a membrane-electrode unit" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of high temperature electrochemistry of the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "Fundamentals of electrochemical synthesis of new electrode materials based on silicon" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of high temperature electrochemistry of the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- Investigation of the properties of nanostructured thermoelectric materials for radioisotope battery micro - and nano-Electromechanical systems" (Federal state Autonomous educational institution of higher professional education "national research nuclear University "MEPhI");
- Functional electrode materials for sodium-ion battery" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of physical chemistry and electrochemistry. A. N. Frumkin of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "Formation of thin-film solid oxide fuel cells by ion-plasma methods" (Federal state Autonomous educational institution of higher professional education "national research Tomsk Polytechnic University");
- "Electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries on the basis of ORGANOMETALLIC polymers" (Federal state budget educational institution of higher professional education "Saint-Petersburg state University");
- "Development of material base and creation of high-performance kislorodmontazh membranes for solid oxide fuel cells" (Federal state budgetary institution of science General physics Institute. A. M. Prokhorov of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
Electrodes for a new generation of lithium - and sodium-ion batteries: hybrid nanomaterials based on carbon and oxides and sulfides of p - and d - elements" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of General and inorganic chemistry im. N. With. Kurnakov, Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "Semiconductor for high-performance nanoheterostructure thermophotovoltaics elements" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of semiconductor physics to them. A.V. Rzhanov Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "Creating a catalytic membrane reactor for producing synthesis gas and hydrogen from hydrocarbons and alcohols" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of catalysis im. G. K. Boreskov of the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
"Development of promising organic cathode materials for lithium and sodium current sources" (Autonomous non-profit educational organization of higher professional education "SKOLKOVO Institute of science and technology");
- "Hybrid membrane materials doped inorganic oxides with modified surface" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of General and inorganic chemistry im. N. With. Kurnakov, Russian Academy of Sciences);
"Development of scientific foundations of new efficient technologies for producing hydrogen from a hydrocarbon feedstock and low-calorie organic fuels plasma-chemical methods" (Federal state unitary enterprise "Central Institute of aviation motors named after P. I. Baranova");
- "Development of new materials, including nanomaterials for use in thermoelectric converters" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of physics. L. V. Kirensky of the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
"New electrode materials for metal-ion batteries with improved energy performance" (Federal state budget educational institution of higher professional education "Moscow state University named after M. V. Lomonosov");
- "Thermoelectric Converter with record parameters based on carbon nanostructures: development of scientific bases" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of physics and technology to them. A. F. Ioffe of the Russian Academy of Sciences);
- "The creation of an efficient Converter of low-grade heat into electricity on the basis of the pyroelectric effect" (Federal state budgetary institution of science Institute of Thermophysics. S. S. Kutateladze of the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
4 Support mechanisms for international cooperation in
programmes and projects of the Ministry for Education and Science of the
The principles of implementation of the international scientific and
technological cooperation with European countries in the field of non-nuclear
energy in the framework of the federal target program "Research and development
on priority directions of scientific-technological complex of Russia for
2014-2020" (hereinafter referred to as Programme) is determined by the
Cooperation Agreement in the field of science and technology and are based on
the decision of the Joint Committee of the EU-Russia (JC) on scientific and
technological cooperation, as well as thematic working groups. All the joint
initiatives are recorded in the "road map", an updated version of which was
adopted in 2012 [http: //minobrnauki.rf]. Working groups under the Ministry for
Education and Science of the Russian Federation are to identify research and
innovation directions of the policy and programmes, which can be of mutual
interest for European Union and Russian Federation. Also the working groups are
responsible for implementation of cooperation in the frameworks of existed
Programme activities are directed to:
- Conducting researches in the framework of international multilateral and
- Support for research in the frameworks of cooperation with the Member States
of the European Union;
- Organization of participation in major international scientific and technical
At the present time, the Minobrnauki of Russia agreed with European Commission
the main areas of the program "Horizon 2020" and the Federal Target Program
"Research and development on priority directions of scientific-technological
complex of Russia for 2014-2020 years.
The Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation has selected
the following areas:
- competitive low carbon energy;
- demonstrating advanced biofuel technologies;
- developing next generation technologies for biofuels and sustainable
- partnering with Brazil on advanced biofuels;
- market uptake of existing and emerging sustainable bioenergy;
- large scale energy storage;
- modeling and analysing the energy system, its transformation and impacts;
- enabling decarbonisation of the fossil fuel based power sector and energy
intensive industry through CCS;
- highly flexible and efficient fossil fuel power plants;
- stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for a low carbon and efficient
- smart cities and Communities solutions integrating energy, transport, ICT
sectors through lighthouse (large scale demonstration first of the kind)
- development of system standards for smart cities and communities solutions.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation has
established a functional mailbox
to which the Russian scientific community may send enquiries about support
available in Russia for participation in Horizon 2020.
4.1 MINOBRNAUKI of
Russia opened a competition "Researches on priority areas with participation of
R&D organisations and universities of Greece" in the frameworks of Activity 2.2
Researches in cooperation with EU countries.
April 06, 2017
September 10, 2017
December 31, 2018
competition theme: applied researches on quantum technologies in the following
with one or more scientific or educational organisations of Greece.
More detailed information.