On December 9, 2016 "The national research university "MPEI" has passed the workshop devoted to opportunities and problems of participation of the Russian organizations in the international scientific and technical projects. During the workshop the number of questions, the Russian organizations connected with participation in the international activity within the program of the European Union for scientific technologically and innovative development for 2014-2020 has been discussed. Horizon 2020, the federal target program "Researches and Developments in the Priority Directions of Development of a Scientific and Technological Complex of Russia for 2014-2020, other international programs and projects. The workshop has been held by NCP "Non-nuclear Energy" under Horizon 2020 – National research university "MPEI" with assistance of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The purposes of a workshop were:
- providing information on mechanisms and tools of the organization of design activity within the Horizon 2020 program and the federal target program "Researches and Developments in the Priority Directions of Development of a Scientific and Technological Complex of Russia for 2014-2020";
- exchange of experience between the Russian organizations which are participants of joint projects;
- representation of potential and opportunities of the Russian organizations for implementation of the international scientific and technical cooperation. Representatives of the leading Russian organizations working in the sphere of design scientific and technical activity have submitted the reports devoted to the available potentials and reserves for realization of joint activity with foreign partners and also to the barriers getting in the way of development of cooperation. Representative of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the European Commission also have participated in an event.
The report of the leading adviser of department of energy efficiency, rational environmental management and transport systems of Department of science and technologies of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation A. Kudinov was devoted to implementation of a policy of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on development of the international cooperation in power engineering. In the context of priorities of the project activities supported at the level of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation was are marked need of gain of operation with the countries of the European Union in the direction information комуникационных technologies, research infrastructures and scientific mobility is emphasized. Results of the held competitions of the Program aimed at providing of an involvement of the Russian organizations in "the Horizon of 2020" were provided: 28 requests on two competitions, 10 of which were supported. The general financing of projects will make 264 million rubles. In the report importance of such tools for creation and effective use of research infrastructure as projects of Megascience was emphasized.
In the report of the Adviser for researches and innovations of Representation of the European Union in the Russian Federation R. Burger the main scientific directions "Horizon 2020" were opened, the main program units are described. It was underlined that all subprogrammes are available to involvement of all countries of the world. Within the performance the main features of financing of an involvement of the Russian organizations were provided, of which support of project activities at the national level is principal. Also it was underlined that within some subprogrammes " Horizon 2020" there are mechanisms of financial support of the Russian organizations. The subprogramme in the field of disruptive basic researches was given as an example: if more than 50% of working hours are spent by the Russian scientist in the European Union countries, such participant receives 100% financing from means of the European Commission. Also 100% financing of the Russian participants are provided within the subprogramme of mobility of scientists of "Maria-Skladovsky Curie". It is marked that the general diagram of financing also provides cases of financing of the Russian participants from means of the European Commission if the involvement of the Russian organization is absolutely necessary condition for project implementation, the Russian side has unique knowledge, technologies, researches, databases which are necessary for implementation of the European project. Information on possibilities of financing of the Russian involvement in "the Horizon of 2020" from means of the Russian scientific fund and Russian Federal Property Fund in case of coincidence of subjects "the Horizon of 2020" and competitions of funds was provided. Within the performance the high percent of the won competitions was also marked by the Russian participants (40% of the submitted applications).
In the report of the vice rector for scientific work "National research university "MPEI" of A. Volkov the main aspects of implementation of the international scientific and technical activity at the level of National research university "MPEI" have been marked out. In particular, it was talked of the project realized under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation "Improving energy efficiency, reliability and durability of the hydraulic equipment of local Smart-systems of water supply". Within the performance the main problems which it was necessary to face at realization of design activity with foreign partners, in particular the problem of various financing bodies for different participants of the project from the European Union leading to financial independence of participants that as a result deprives of participants of the main thing of instruments of influence at each other have been allocated. Also need of holding periodic meetings with participants of consortium for activity planning has been noted that, according to the speaker, has to be put in account estimates of projects.
The main aspects of activities for the project in the field of the object and topological simulation of electrical networks realized within the Program were illuminated with the representative of "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technique" I. Golovinsky. As objective barriers of interaction with foreign partners in the report the difference in development of technologies in Russia and in the West was selected that leads, including to the terminological inconsistencies hindering understanding of an essence of processes. The speaker marked that operation with terms is extremely important part of preproject preparation.
The representative of JSC NPO "Strimer" R. Zaynalov selected low accessibility with hi-tech centers for the Russian participants as problems of implementation of joint projects . According to the speaker, increase in quotas for use of hi-tech centers use could provide more rapid growth of science.
By most of participants of a seminar it is marked that the main problems of creation of effective interaction with foreign partners within implementation of joint project activities are:
- a mismatch of procedures and periods of holding the Russian and European competitions, the "catching-up" character of the Russian competitions;
- distinctions in procedures of financing and the reporting in the Russian and European financing organizations;
- absence of the formal mechanisms of cross impact of partners of projects.
Among the positive factors of influence on increase in efficiency of the international scientific and technical cooperation were selected:
- Russian organizations' capacity and experience for implementation of effective interaction in the key directions of development of the modern power engineering;
- existence of stable relations, experience of interaction with foreign partners, and also capacity in data domain;
- possibility of holding joint working meetings on the project, intensification of information interchange by any available means.